We Can Help You.

If you need an Emergency Protection Order to keep a violent family member from contacting you or coming near you and your children, please visit Family Violence Matters immediately. This is a free service.

Answer these five questions to help us serve you better.

Question 1:

Legal Aid Alberta provides criminal, family, and immigration law services. What area of law are you dealing with?

a. Criminal (adult)
b. Criminal (youth)
c. Family
d. Civil (adult guardianship/trusteeship)
e. Immigration
f. Other/Not Sure
*Please note we are unable to assist with civil matters such as lawsuits, landlord and tenant issues, and wills and estates.

Question 2:

Are you under the age of 18?

a. Yes
b. No

Question 3:

What do you need help with? Check all that apply.

a. Criminal charges
b. Under 18 and charged with a criminal offense
c. Family matters (parenting, child support, child welfare, divorce)
d. Emergency Protection Order (to keep a violent family member from contacting you or coming near you and your children)
e. Civil law matters (adult guardianship/trusteeship)
f. Immigration matters

Question 4:

How many family members live in your household? Includes you, your spouse or common law partner, and/or dependent children.

a. 1
b. 2
c. 3
d. 4
e. 5
f. 6+

Question 5:

What is your annual household income? Includes money from employment, income support, child support, money received from family, insurance settlements, and/or money received from the sale of an asset.

a. $0-$20,000
b. $20,000–$50,000
c. $50,000 - $60,000
d. $60,000+
Please answer all questions

Stay Informed

The latest news from LAA delivered straight to your inbox.