​If you have a disagreement with Alberta Child and Family Services, you can ask to go to alternative dispute resolution. This is a process where you try to resolve your issues outside of a court. If Child and Family Services do not agree to do this or the process is unsuccessful, you can apply to the court in some circumstances (see other FAQs) but if that is not possible, you do not have many other options. Remember that a child’s guardians and Child and Family Services have the right to make decisions for a child in their care.


Back to Legal Information > Family Law