Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a full time Systems Analyst. This position will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality results.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Security and Operations, Information Technology Department some of the key responsibilities of the Systems Analyst are to:
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to design, build and implement technology solutions to meet business needs.
- Provides technical escalations to other members of the operations team.
- Act as a point of technical contact with IT service providers including Microsoft, Cisco, TELUS, Bell, Veeam, ManageEngine and others
- Monitor and test server application performance and provide statistics and reports
- Test, configure and co-ordinate server application upgrades and maintenance
- Plan, design, implement and operate server application technologies and procedures
- Plan, design, implement and operate desktop management technologies and procedures
- Participates in the delivery of operational planning, preparation, execution and organizational signoff activities
- Interact with and prioritize the operational IT needs of multiple teams and projects
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business partners, innovation and teamwork
- Gather or create operational documentation for preparing and executing on deliverables as required
- Design and implement monitoring tools and automation scripts
- Clarify non-functional performance issues to the broader IT and business team, and work towards resolution with appropriate teams
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related field (equivalencies related to education and work experience may be considered)
- At least five years of progressive experience across multiple IT disciplines supporting services delivered through both on premises and cloud environments.
- Must have a minimum of one (1) recent technical certification [Microsoft preferred]. Other associated technical certification (VMware, Azure, …) are highly desirable
- Direct administration experience with the following is an asset:
- Microsoft O365 / M365 / Azure
- Microsoft SCCM
- Microsoft Windows 10 / Office 365
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL
- Microsoft Exchange
- Microsoft SharePoint
- BMC TrackIT
- Cisco Unified Communications
- Veeam Backup & Replication Server
- Cisco Routing, switching and firewalls
- Ruckus switching
- Ubiquiti Wireless
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of supporting IT services for medium to large organizations with diverse end user requirements
- Experience in supporting public sector considered an asset
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently with minimal supervision
- Strong initiative and action orientated with a sense of urgency to get things completed
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
Why work for Legal Aid Alberta?
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing posting number LAA-20-37.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.