Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a full time Applications Systems Analyst. This position will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality results.
Reporting to the Manager of IT Business Applications, some of the key responsibilities of the Applications Systems Analyst are to:
- Administer, configure, customize, and support Legal Aid Alberta's key business applications including Dynamics CRM, Dynamics GP, SharePoint, SQL Reporting Services, and integrations
- Participate in helping establish and maintain software development standards and best practices
- Apply knowledge and expertise in the delivery and support of information system solutions that achieve business goals and needs
- Collaborate with multiple Stakeholders at all levels of the organization in order to deliver the most appropriate solutions for the organization
- Must be capable of handling a range of job duties which include development, configuration, ongoing application support, and documentation of LAA business applications
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary degree or equivalent in Computer Science, IT support or related technical field
- Minimum of 2 years' experience of demonstrated experience implementing, operating, supporting, and enhancing packaged or custom applications, as well as integration tools.
- Experience customizing and configuring Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Microsoft Dynamics GP, LegalFiles, SharePoint, or Scribe.
- Familiarity with the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Framework
- Working knowledge and experience with the following technology:
- Microsoft web and application development tools such as:
- Integrated Development Environments like MS Visual Studio, Microsoft Code
- Programming Languages such as C#
- Frameworks and Platforms like Microsoft.NET, Microsoft.Core, Microsoft Azure
- Microsoft Power Platform
- Web Technologies such as:
- HTML and CSS
- AngularJS, React, Vue, JQuery
- HTTP, DDP, REST
- JSON, XML, CSV
- Microsoft IIS, Apache HTTP Server, Nginx
- SharePoint administration or development both on-premise and online
- SQL development skills using SQL Server Management Studio and SSRS
- Basic windows system administration
- Experience with SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS cloud services
- Experience in non-development tasks including light weight Business Analyst and Project Management activities
- DevOps experience is an asset
- ITIL experience is an asset
- Experience administering Office 365 or Microsoft 365 environments is an asset
- Demonstrated ability to quickly and independently learn new frameworks, software, and processes
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Strong observational, analytical and detail-oriented skills
- Ability to work collaboratively but also self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently with minimal supervision
- Results oriented individual who thrives on working in a fast-paced environment
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
- Show leadership and teamwork in an environment where change is the norm
Why work for Legal Aid Alberta?
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing posting number LAA-20-36.
This competition will remain open until suitable candidate is found. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.