Manager, Client Intake Services
Full Time, Permanent
About Legal Aid Alberta
Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a full time Manager, Client Intake Services position in our downtown Edmonton office. This position will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality results.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Client Assessment Services, the Manager, Client Intake Services provides leadership, development and coaching to the Contact Centre Intake Officer (CCIO) and Contact Intake and Assessment Officer (CIAO) teams to deliver exceptional service to Legal Aid Alberta (LAA) clients province. Other the key responsibilities of the Manager, Client Intake Services include the following:
- Leading and developing the team to ensure quality and consistence performance, stability and resource management
- Supporting day to day activities of the CCIO team by coaching, mentoring and guiding the team through difficult calls, escalated situations, and educating on processes, practices, and job expectations
- Managing performance expectations by having regular conversations, providing feedbacks and completing the annual Performance Excellence Plans as required
- Overseeing client complaints in accordance with established procedures, and Legal Aid Alberta rules and administrative policies
- Developing and maintaining stakeholders relationship to ensure effective and consistent communication throughout the team, and encouraging feedback and client insight in order to enhance the client experience
- Working collaboratively with Human Resources and Senior Managers on all employee relations issues
- Participating on Legal Aid Alberta committees or projects, and perform other duties as required
- Post-secondary degree or /diploma in a business-related field preferred
- 3 – 5 years' experience working with diverse and complex clientele
- Experience in managing/supervising in small to mid-sized office environment
- Management education and experience in a Call Centre is an asset
Skills and Education
- Knowledge of civil law, family law, criminal justice system, tribunal processes and community service agencies/resources
- Excellent communication, facilitation and interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills with the ability to think strategically; use good judgment and motivate others
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills
- Ability to work closely with diverse stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team and you possess the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing posting number LAA-20-35.
Salary will be commensurate with qualification and experience.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.