Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a full time, Project Manager in our downtown Edmonton office. This position will operate at a senior level across the organization and will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality project management expertise.
Reporting to the Director, Project Management Office, the Project Manager is primarily responsible for providing a broad range of project management support to the entire Legal Aid Alberta organization. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of diverse projects that are highly visible across the organization and the clients served.
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, business process reengineering, project management, development and implementation of business and IT projects for Legal Aid Alberta.
- Develop a well-defined project plan that clearly states the project's objectives, scope, assumptions, timeline, resource requirements, risks, quality management, benefits and budget.
- Manage project activities throughout the life cycle of the project, including the allocation of appropriate resources, schedule, budget to ensure all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget.
- Proactively monitor project progress against the integrated project plan, identifying and managing variances via the project governance structure. Document and report project status against established objectives, milestones, budget and resources and facilitate tracking and closure of issues and risks.
- Report project progress and present solution to various internal support teams, steering committee, and other project stakeholders.
- Provide leadership and support for transformational and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the LAA organization, including implementing new approaches to solving business challenges as appropriate.
- Provide negotiation and conflict management skills with the ability to resolve complex and sensitive issues, establish win-win outcomes and gain commitment from internal and external stakeholders
- Work with other members of the Project Management Office and maintain a good relationship with members from other departments within Legal Aid to deliver high-quality project management practices.
- Work within the standards defined by the Project Management Office and in the absence of standards, work with the Project Management Office members to establish new standards.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously against pressing timelines.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Expereince:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field (equivalencies related to education and work experience may be considered).
- Minimum of 5-7 years of project management experience.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of project management experience for business re-engineering or business transformational projects.
- Experience working with control frameworks such as COBIT or ITIL and project management frameworks such as PMBOK or PRINCE2.
- PMP designation is considered an asset.
- Substantial exposure to both in-house and outsourced systems, multiple hardware platforms, and integrated information and communications systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- Excellent systems thinking, analysis, problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative and action orientated with a sense of urgency to get things completed.
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment.
- Excellent facilitation skills and communication skills, including the ability to express ideas, recommendations and decisions clearly and concisely, in order to work effectively with stakeholders, consultants, contractors and senior LAA representatives with varying and often divergent perspectives, expectations, needs and priorities.
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately.
Why work for Legal Aid Alberta?
Besides being a part of something that will make you feel good and be proud of where you work, Legal Aid Alberta offers a competitive compensation package, above average benefits package and a great team of people to work with.
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to email@example.com referencing posting number LAA-20-29.