Legal Aid Alberta (LAA) is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a full time Manager, IT Business Applications in our downtown Edmonton office. The position is responsible for providing strategic leadership in the development and implementation of Information Technology (IT) initiatives to improve service to Albertans via multiple service delivery channels. The position has responsibility for the planning and development of enterprise information systems to support both distributed and centralized operations while achieving cost beneficial enterprise-wide IT operations that meet business goals.
This position will appeal to an individual who can effectively lead teams to deliver effective solutions that span across one or more business units to enhance the current and future state of LAA's business processes, identifying opportunities, issues/risks, suggesting mitigation strategies and delivering process improvements with the efficient use of technology.
Reporting to the Director, Information Technology, some of the key responsibilities of the Manager, IT Business Applications are to:
- Provide strategic and tactical planning, management, development and implementation of the IT strategic plan for LAA.
- Continuously researching and evaluating emerging technologies and how they will provide value.
- Ensure the continuous delivery and operation of business application services for the organization.
- Collaborates with LAA business units to identify alternatives and solutions to business challenges.
- Participate in policy and decision making regarding the future direction of LAA information systems.
- Evolving the business applications team to an industry standard level.
- Provides consultation, advice and recommendations to senior decision makers regarding issues, opportunities and challenges associated to projects and business application improvements.
- Develop and coordinate operational project plans in support of the overall mission and business strategy.
- Provide advice and leadership on the evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems.
- Actively participate in the organizations strategic planning process as required.
- Identify and execute initiatives that provide value to the organization with a focus on evolving the IT units use of technology and security of systems and information while enhancing service to clients.
- Provides leadership and support for transformational and continuous improvement initiatives throughout the organization, including implementing new approaches to solving business challenges as appropriate.
- Communicate IT plans, policies, and applicable technology trends throughout the organization, including management groups and professional staff.
- Consultation, interpersonal and facilitation skills to work effectively with stakeholders, consultants, contractors and senior LAA representatives with varying and often divergent perspectives, expectations, needs and priorities.
- Strategic thinking skills to develop and articulate innovative approaches to managing complex programs and functions.
- Negotiation and conflict management skills with the ability to resolve complex and sensitive issues, establish win-win outcomes and gain commitment from internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to develop healthy relations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Active participant in the negotiation of all IT acquisition contracts, soliciting involvement and participation of key team members as appropriate.
- Promote and oversee relationships between LAA's IT resources and external entities (e.g. government, vendors, lawyers, and other Legal Aid service providers).
Management and Oversight
- Driving the delivery of diverse projects that are highly visible across the organization and the clients served.
- Delivers complex solutions and leads activities that may span multiple business units within a matrixed environment.
- Excellent systems thinking, analysis and problem solving skills.
- Ability to understand complex relationships and influence the decision making process with sound judgement and risk mitigation skills.
- Maintains a portfolio of initiatives with accurate reporting of progress, issues/risks and opportunities for efficiencies and value add.
- Participate in the evaluation, selection, implementation and maintenance of information systems, ensuring appropriate strategic investment in enterprise systems.
- Adhere to corporate IT policies and standards relating to the acquisition, implementation, and operation of information technology and communications systems.
- Participates in the negotiation of IT service levels and monitors IT systems performance to ensure service levels are being met.
- Research and evaluate innovative solutions for the enhancement or re-engineering of IT services.
- Ensure that information systems operate according to internal standards, external accrediting agency standards, and legal requirements.
- Support the development and maintenance of an enterprise-wide disaster recovery plan to ensure timely and effective restoration of IT services in the event of a disaster.
Human Resource Management
- Responsible for managing project costs related to enhancements and the development of new IT services.
- Evaluate alternatives, perform appropriate cost benefit analysis, and recommend high value solutions that minimize costs commensurate with acceptable risks.
Qualifications and Experience
- Participates in the recruitment, development, motivation, and retention of IT resources .
- Provides direction to direct reports and manages assigned project resources including external service providers.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (preferred) or diploma in Computer Systems Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution (equivalencies related to education and work experience may be considered).
- 10 or more years of direct management and IT operations experience dealing with information handling, work flow, and systems development.
- Experience working with control frameworks such as COBIT or ITIL (certifications preferred).
- Substantial exposure to both in-house, outsourced systems, multiple hardware platforms, and integrated information and communications systems.
- Proven experience designing and implementing cloud services (SaaS, IaaS, PaaS) into an organization, cost/benefits analysis and how cloud technologies can be applied to enhance service to clients and the organization.
- Specific experience supporting and enhancing commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) software systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems design and development process, including requirements analysis, feasibility studies, software design, programming, pilot testing, installation, evaluation and operational management.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including the ability to express ideas, recommendations and decisions clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Proven ability to negotiate with vendors, contractors, and other key stakeholders.
Demonstrated ability to:
- Be a team player that motivates and educates other team members
- Set and manage priorities
- Comprehend complex, technical subjects
- Translate technical language to lay audiences
- Link and apply complex technologies to business strategies
- Create and motivate behavioral change
- Lead in an environment where change is the norm
Why work for Legal Aid Alberta?
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to email@example.com referencing posting number LAA-19-57.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.