Our Client Services Call Centre is seeking to fill multiple full-time Contact Centre Intake Officer positions in our downtown Edmonton office.
Based on pre-defined criteria, the Contact Centre Intake Officer obtains information and financial data from the client to determine service and financial eligibility. Applications involving criminal, family, civil and immigration law will be completed over the phone within our Contact Centre.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Handling in-bound calls to obtain information from client
- Professionally and efficiently answer client calls seeking service from LAA.
- The Contact Centre Intake Officer will be assigned to one or more of the client phone queues including but not limited to: General, Remand, Youth, Live Answer, Payments, etc.
- Responsible to enter client information and financial data accurately into CRM.
- Where necessary, the Contact Centre Intake Officer may task the matter(s) pending additional information from the client or awaiting internal activities in order to complete the assessment.
- For criminal matter, the Contact Centre Intake Officer will access JOIN to validate client legal issue and court date (where applicable) and enter accurately into CRM.
- Based on the legal issue, the Contact Centre Intake Officer will refer client to Duty Counsel, Assessment Team or will forward offer to appropriate lawyer based on a defined appointing process. For specific family matters, the Contact Centre Intake Officer will refer clients to RCAS or Legal Aid website for assistance.
- When clients are found ineligible for services not offered by LAA, they will be directed to the LAA website.
- The Contact Centre Intake Officer may be assigned on a rotational basis to review and resend rejected offers.
- The Contact Centre Intake Officer are to create a standard monthly payment plan upon initial contact for new and existing clients as applicable based on established guidelines. Contact Centre Intake Officer may be assigned on a rotational basis to contact clients to negotiate payment arrangements.
- The Contact Centre Intake Officer may be required to take a payment from a client.
- The Contact Centre Intake Officer may be required to participate in special projects, focus groups, or act as a subject matter expert for client services process or change initiatives.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Post-secondary education in administration is considered an asset.
- Previous experience in a law firm is considered an asset.
- Experience interacting with clients to conduct assessments and / or provide service is essential.
- Prior Contact/Call Centre experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of Criminal/Family/Civil/Immigration Law procedures and terminology is an asset.
Success in this role requires:
- Application of good judgment, critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Ability to relate with clients from diverse background
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-volume environment while remaining calm when dealing with clients
- High levels of accuracy, attention to detail, client-focused and quality oriented performance
- Professional phone etiquette and the ability to perform effectively under tight deadlines
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, high-volume environment while completing data entry simultaneously
- Strong information gathering and good listening skills
- Demonstrated ability to utilize effective and efficient call flow techniques to skillfully govern the client through the application process.
- Ability to interpret and apply Legal Aid Rules, Board & Administrative Policies, Processes and Procedures with sound judgment.
- Must be motivated to learn and develop.
- A true commitment to a position as a call centre representative.
- A high level of comfort working with technology and a keen enthusiasm for learning new systems including computer literacy of MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Understanding of databases and various computer applications:
- Required - Ability to organize and transcribe real-time client interactions to a variety of computer applications (CRM tools).
- Experience with JOIN, Great Plains and Moneris is an asset
- You must be able to meet security clearance for Department of Justice databases (e.g. JOIN).
- Preference will be given to individuals with proven customer service experience in an in-bound call centre
- Applicants selected for an interview will be required to complete pre-employment skill assessments.
Why work for Legal Aid Alberta?
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to email@example.com referencing posting number LAA-19-53.
This competition will remain open until all positions are filled. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.