Become one of more than 800 lawyers helping Albertans access justice.
If you want to become a part of a network of lawyers providing Albertans with access to justice, apply to become a Legal Aid Alberta roster lawyer. Joining the Legal Aid Alberta roster offers flexibility, variety and a range of opportunities.
Benefits of being a Roster Lawyer:
- a reputation of actively giving back to society;
- an introduction to new areas of law to enhance your knowledge base;
- junior lawyers get trial experience that is hard to come by early in their career;
- you can count on receiving payment for your work;
- law students can take their own cases, with no limit on the number of hours they can do on a lawyer's certificate; and
- personal fulfillment from giving back to your community.
- counsel must be on the Legal Aid Alberta Roster to accept a certificate;
- counsel eligible to be on the Legal Aid Alberta Roster includes lawyers and students-at-law, registered with the Law Society of Alberta; and
- in some cases, a lawyer from another Canadian province may be permitted to join the Roster; counsel may contact the Roster Manager at
for more information.