Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Organizational Change Leader
Legal Aid Alberta (LAA) is seeking to fill the newly created role of Organizational Change Leader in our downtown Edmonton office. The position is responsible for developing, implementing, and sustaining a disciplined approach to undertaking change management as a requirement for all major organizational, policy, service, system, process or program changes across Legal Aid Alberta.
Reporting to the Vice President, Human Resources, Communications and Change Leadership, some of the key responsibilities of the Organizational Change Leader are:
- Developing and implementing a change management methodology, tools and approach to be used consistently for all major projects and initiatives
- Understanding and promoting the principles of change management, coaching leaders and staff on how to plan for and manage change
- Assessing organizational readiness for change on all major projects and initiatives
- Working with the Vice President, Human Resources, Communications and Change Leadership to develop and maintain a long term, strategic and tactical view of upcoming change efforts in order to identify risks and capitalize on opportunities
- Coaching leaders on how to utilize change management tools to effectively manage change initiatives within their respective business units
- Actively participating in all major organizational projects and initiatives as LAA's change management expert responsible for managing the people dimension of change, including:
- Awareness of the need for change
- Desire to participate and support change
- Knowledge of how to change
- Ability to implement the change on a day-to-day basis
- Reinforcement to keep the change in place
- Meeting with organizational leaders to both understand their change needs and to assist them in implementing change
- Assessing the impacts of change on both internal and external stakeholders in order to better understand their needs and develop action plans to address those needs
- Undertaking change readiness and impact assessments to inform the design, planning and implementation of activities and priorities
- Working closely with LAA's Project Manager and leadership team to gain a deep understanding of business processes and the related change impacts
- University degree in Business Administration, Management, Organizational Development or a related field
- PROSCI or APMG Change Management Practitioner certification preferred
- Minimum 7 years' experience with and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies and tools, including experience with managing complex organizational change initiatives
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Willingness to take initiative as a strong team player
- Able to work closely with lawyers and non-lawyers in a dynamic working environment
- Flexibility, maturity, tact and good judgment
- Strong relationship building and influence skills
- Able to provide assistance and information effectively
- High attention to detail and excellent analytical skills
- Act as change catalyst and coach with a passion for guiding people through change initiatives
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite tools
If you are excited about the above position, please forward your resume to email@example.com referencing posting number LAA-19-07.
This posting will remain open until positions are filled.
Thank you for your application, please note that only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.