Senior Systems Analyst
Full Time, Permanent (FTE)
About Legal Aid Alberta
Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a full time Senior Systems Analyst in our downtown Edmonton office. This position will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality results.
Reporting to the Manager, IT Strategy and Operations, Information Technology Department, some of the key responsibilities of the Senior Systems Analyst are to:
- Work with business and IT stakeholders to design, build and implement technology solutions to meet business needs
- Provides technical leadership to other members of the operations team
- Provides consultation, advice and recommendations to senior decision makers regarding issues, opportunities and challenges associated with technology industry trends and developments that will be of benefit to or create risks for the organization
- Lead the delivery of operational planning, preparation, execution and organizational signoff activities
- Interact with and prioritize the operational IT needs of multiple teams and projects
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business partners, innovation and teamwork
- Gather or create operational documentation for preparing and executing on deliverables as required
- Support the design and implementation of monitoring tools and automation scripts
- Clarify non-functional performance issues to the broader IT and business team, and work towards resolution with appropriate teams
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in Computer science, IT support or related technical certifications
- At least 7 years of progressive experience across multiple IT disciplines supporting services delivered through both on premises and cloud environments
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of supporting IT services for medium to large organizations with diverse end user requirements
- Experience in supporting public sector considered an asset
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently with minimal supervision
- Strong initiative and action orientated with a sense of urgency to get things completed
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
Why work for Legal Aid Alberta?
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing posting number LAA-19-06.
This competition will remain open until February 24, 2019. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.