Legal Aid Alberta is a Centre of Excellence that helps vulnerable Albertans across the province at some of the most difficult times in their lives. Through professional, effective and accessible services that support better outcomes for our clients, we make a difference in the lives of Albertans and deliver value that extends beyond those who receive our services.
Legal Aid Alberta is seeking to fill a full time Senior Quality Assurance Analyst in our downtown Edmonton office. This position will appeal to an individual that likes to take initiative, is client focused and is exceptionally strong in delivering high-quality results.
Reporting to the Manager, Project Delivery, Information Technology Department, the Senior Quality Assurance Analyst is primarily responsible for providing a broad range of quality assurance activities and support to the entire Legal Aid Alberta organization. Some of the key responsibilities include:
- Lead the delivery of test planning, preparation, execution and organizational signoff activities
- Manage creation and review of testing documentation
- Assess the current performance testing framework and associated processes and make recommendations for future improvements
- Compile technical reports as part of the performance testing practice, including performance test requirements, plans and summary reports
- Interact with and prioritize the testing needs of multiple teams and projects
- Support a positive work environment that promotes service to business partners, innovation and teamwork
- Gather relevant Quality Assurance documentation for testing purposes, preparing and executing on deliverables as required
- Collaborate with application development teams, project teams and technical support teams to ensure continual focus on performance and scalability of critical business systems through all development/test cycles as well as production support
- Support the design and implementation of performance testing tools and automation scripts
- Clarify non-functional performance issues to the broader IT and business team, and work towards resolution with appropriate teams
- A willingness to learn and adopt new ideas and technologies
- Provides consultation, advice and recommendations to senior decision makers regarding issues, opportunities and challenges associated with quality assurance standards and business application improvements
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science or related discipline. Degree is preferred
- At least 7 years of progressive experience working in a combination of quality assurance application integration testing and enterprise application testing
- Very strong written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of software quality assurance concepts, debugging processes, procedures and controls
- Experience with bug tracking tools for reporting, tracing and troubleshooting defects
- Strong observational skills, analytical and detail oriented
- Self-motivated with ability to manage yourself independently with minimal supervision
- Strong initiative and action orientated with a sense of urgency to get things completed
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in a team environment
- Proactive in completing tasks and escalating issues appropriately
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure
If you got excited at the prospect of being a part of our team when you reviewed this posting and you meet the minimum qualifications, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org referencing posting number LAA-19-04.
This competition will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.